BS : Ajou University, Chemistry (2002)
Ph.D : Seoul National University, Chemistry (Physical Chemistry, 2009) (advisor : Seong Keun Kim)
2009 ~ 2010 : postdoc, Seoul National University, Chemistry
2014. 6 ~ 2014. 7 : Summer Research Fellow of Marine Biology Lab (http://www.mbl.edu), Woods Hole, MA
2011 ~ 2018 : postdoc and research associate, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Physics (advisor : Paul R. Selvin)
2013 ~ 2018: Fellow of the Center for Physics in Living Cells (CPLC), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2018. 9. ~ Current : Assistant professor, Pusan National University, Chemistry
■ Research Interests
■ Selected Publications
23. Janet Y Sheung, Pinghua Ge, Sung Jun Lim, Sang Hak Lee, Andrew M Smith, Paul R Selvin, “Structural Contributions to Hydrodynamic Diameter for Quantum Dots Optimized for Live-Cell Single-Molecule Tracking”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2018, 122 (30), 17406-17412
22. Sang Hak Lee, Chaoyi Jin, En Cai, Pinghua Ge, Yuji Ishitsuka, Kai Wen Teng, Andre A. de Thomaz, Duncan Nall, Murat Baday, Okunola Jeyifous, Daniel Demonte, Christopher M. Dundas, Sheldon Park, William N. Green, Paul R. Selvin, “Super-resolution Imaging of Synaptic and Extra-synaptic Pools of AMPA Receptors with Different-sized Fluorescent Probes” eLife 2017;6:e27744 DOI: 10.7554/eLife.27744, July. 27th, 2017 (selected for an eLife digest)
21. Ruobing Zhang, Gilbert O. Fruhwirth, Oana Coban, James Barrett, Thomas Burgoyne, Sang Hak Lee, Paul D. Simonson, Murat Baday, Clare E. Futter, Tony Ng and Paul R. Selvin, “Probing the Heterogeneity of Protein Kinase Activation in Cells by Super-resolution Microscopy” ACS Nano 2017, 11 (1), 249?257
20. Kai Wen Teng, Yuji Ishitsuka, Pin Ren, Yeoan Youn, Xiang Deng, Pinghua Ge, Sang Hak Lee, Andrew S Belmont and Paul R Selvin, “Labeling proteins inside living cells using external fluorophores for microscopy” eLife, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.20378, December 9, 2016
19. Farhan Chowdhury, Isaac T. S. Li, Benjamin J. Leslie, Sultan Do?anay, Rishi Singh, Xuefeng Wang, Jihye Seong, Sang Hak Lee, Seongjin Park, Ning Wang and Taekjip Ha, “Single molecular force across single integrins dictates cell spreading” Intergrative Biology, 2015, 7, 1265-1271.
18. Sang Hak Lee, Jae Kyu Song and Seong Keun Kim, “Structural origin for electron affinity of phenanthrene and ion cores of phenanthrene anion clusters” Chem. Phys. Lett., 2015,626, 63, selected as editor’s choice
17. En Cai, Pinghua Ge, Sang Hak Lee, Okunola Jeyifous, Yong Wang, Yanxin Liu, Katie M Wilson, Sung Jun Lim, Michelle A Baird, John E Stone, Kwan Young Lee, Michael W Davidson, Hee Jung Chung, Klaus Schulten, Andrew M Smith, William N Green, Paul R Selvin, “Stable Small Quantum Dots for Synaptic Receptor Tracking on Live Neurons” Angewandte Chemie, 2014, 126 (46), 12692
16. Yong Wang, En Cai, Janet Sheung, Sang Hak Lee, Kai Wen Teng and Paul R Selvin, “Fluorescence Imaging with One-Nanometer Accuracy (FIONA)” JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments), 2014, e51774-e51774, doi:10.3791/51774 http://www.jove.com/video/51774/fluorescence-imaging-with-one-nanometer-accuracy-fiona. (Between September 26, 2014, and June 15, 2015, the video has been viewed> 2500 times by scientists from 223 distinct institutions from around the world.)
15. Sang Hak Lee, Nam Doo Kim, Dong Gyun Ha and Jae Kyu Song, “Electron affinity of phenanthrene and ion core structure of its anion clusters”RSC Advance, 2013, 3, 17143
14. Namdoo Kim, Taeil Sohn, Sang Hak Lee, Dhananjay Nandi, and Seong Keun Kim, “Atomic selectivity in dissociative electron attachment to dihalobenzenes”,Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2013, 15, 16503.
13. Namdoo Kim and Sang Hak Lee*, “Anion Photoelectron Spectroscopy and Theoretical Calculation of the Hetero-dimers of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons”, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc.2013, 34(5) 1441. (as a corresponding author)
12. Sang Hak Lee, Murat Baday, Marco Tjioe, Paul D. Simonson, Ruobing Zhang, En Cai, Paul R. Selvin, “Using fixed fiduciary markers for stage drift correction”, Optics Express, 2012, 20 (11), 12177
11. Young-Nam Kwon, Won Kon Kim, Sang Hak Lee, Keewon Kim, Eun Young Kim, Tae Hwan Ha, Hyouksoo Han, and Kwang-Hee Bae, “Monitoring of adipogenic differentiation at the single-cell level using atomic force microscopic analysis”, Spectroscopy : An International Journal, 2011, 26 (6), 329.
10. Seung Jun Lee, Ahreum Min, Yusic Kim, Ahreum Ahn, Jinyoung Chang, Sang Hak Lee, Myong Yong Choi and Seong Keun Kim, “Conformationally resolved structures of jet-cooled acetaminophen by UV?UV hole-burning spectroscopy”Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 2011, 13(37), 16537
9. Hyuk Kang, Jinyoung Chang, Sang Hak Lee, Tae Kyu Ahn, Nam Joon Kim, and Seong Kim, “Excited state lifetime of adenine near the first electronic band origin” J. Chem. Phys., 2010, 133, 154311
8. Jiwon Jung, Sang Hak Lee*, “An in silico study of the protonated DNA triplex: In vivo stability of C(+)GC in a DNA triple helix”, Chem. Phys. Lett., 2010, 495, 117 (as a corresponding author)
7. Jeong Hyun Kim*, Sang Hak Lee*, and Jae Kyu Song, “Photoelectron spectroscopy of pyrene cluster anions: autodetachment via excited states of pyrene anion and triplet excimer formation in clusters”, J. Chem. Phys. 2009, 130 (12), 124321.(* authors equally contributed in this work)
6. Sang Hak Lee, Jeong Hyun Kim, Inho Chu, Nam Ki Lee, and Jae Kyu Song, “Anion cluster of naphthalene and solvents : structure, ion core, and intermolecular interactions”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 2009, 11, 9468.
5. Sang Hak Lee, Dong Gyun Ha, Nam Doo Kim, and Seong Keun Kim, ““Associative” Electron Attachment to Azabenzene?(CO2)n van der Waals Complexes: Stepwise Formation of Covalent Bonds with Additive Electron Affinities”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008, 130 (48), 16241.
4. Sang Yun Han, Sang Hak Lee, Jayong Chung, and Han Bin Oh, “Base-pairing interaction in the gas-phase proton-bonded DNA base complexes of C+G and C+GC”, J. Chem. Phys. 2007,127, 245102
3. Sang Yun Han, Sang Hak Lee, Han Bin Oh, “The Structures and Proton Transfer Barriers in Proton-bound Homodimers of Aromatic Molecular Bases: Implication of Zero-point Energies for the Proton-transfer Reaction”, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc.2006, 27(11) 1903.
2. Jeong Hyun Kim, Nam Ki Lee, Sang Hak Lee, Sang Yun Han, Jae Kyu Song, “Ion Core Structures in Anthracene Anion Tetramers”, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 2006, 27(9) 1453.
1. Jeong Hyun Kim, Jae Kyu Song, Hyokeun Park, Sang Hak Lee, Sang Yun Han, and Seong Keun Kim, “Photoelectron Spectroscopy of s-Triazine Anion Clusters: Polarization-induced Electron Binding in Aza-aromatic Molecule”, J. Chem. Phys., 2003, 119, 4320.
1. “A Simple Ultra-Stable Stage with Built-in Fiduciary Marker for Fluorescence Nanoscopy”, Paul R. Selvin and Sang Hak Lee, issued May 06, 2014. Ser No. 13/118,400; Conf No.9487; U.S. Patent No. 08,717,673; filed May 28, 2011