Fiber and Polymer Chemistry
Chemical Modification and Characterization of Polymers and Fibers
Preparation and Properties of Polymers and Fibers
Ph.D., Pusan National University, 1982
1. Hye-Jin Yoo and Han-Do Kim, "Properties of Crosslinked Blends of Pellethane and Multiblock Polyurethane Containing Poly(ethylene oxide) for Biomaterials", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 91, 2348-2357, 2004
2. Ji-Yun Kwon, Young-Seok Koo, and Han-Do Kim, "Preparation and properties of Waterborn-Polyurethane/Polyanilne Co-doped with Dodecyl Benzen Sulfonic acid and Hydrochloric acid Blends", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 93, 700-710, (2004). [SCI]
3. J. E. Yang, J. S. Kong, S. W. Park, D. J. Lee, and H. D. Kim, “Preparation and Properties of Waterborne Polyurethane-Urea Anionomers.I The Influence of the Degree of Neutralization and Counterion", J. Appl. Poly. Sci., 86, pp.2375-2383, (2002/11). [SCI]
4. J. E. Yang, Y. H. Lee, Y. S. Koo, Y. J. Jung, and H. D. Kim, “Preparation and Properties of Waterborne Poly(urethane-urea) Ionomers-Effect of the Type of
Neutralizing Agent-", Fibers and Polymers, 3(3), pp.97-102, (2002/09). [SCIE]
5. Y. S. Kwak and H. D. Kim “Preparation and properties of waterborne polyurethane based on triblock glycol(CL)4.5-PTMG-(CL)4.5 for water vapor permeable coatings: Effect of soft segment content", Fibers and Polymers, 3(4), pp.153-158, (2002/12). [SCIE]
6. Kim, E. Y., Kong, J. S., An, S. K., and Kim, H. D., "Surface Modification of Polymers and Improvement of the Adhesion Between Evaporated Copper Metal Film and a Polymer. I. Chemical Modification of PET," Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, Vol 14, pp. 1119-1130, 2000.
7. Lee, T. J., Lee, D. J., and Kim, H. D., "Synthesis and Properties of Liquid Crystalline Polyurethane Elastomers," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 77, pp. 577-585, 2000.
8. Kim, H. D., Lee, T. J., Huh, J. H., and Lee, D. J., "Preparation and Properties of Segmented Thermoplastic Polyurethane Elastomers with Two Different Soft Segments," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 73, pp. 345-352, 1999.
9. Kim, H. D., Huh, J. H., Kim, E. Y., and Park, C. C., "Comparison of Properties of Thermoplastic Polyurethane Elastomers with Two Different Soft Segments," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 69, pp. 1349-1355, 1998.
10. Kim, H. D. and Kim, T. W., "Preparation and Properties of UV-curable Polyurethane Acrylate Ionomers," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 67, pp. 2153-2162, 1998.
Visiting Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Texas, U.S.A. (1988-1989)
Professor, Department of Textile Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1982-Present)
Assistant Professor, Kyeongnam University, Korea (1980-1982)
Professional Societies & Activities
Senior Member, The Korean Fiber Society.
Secretary, Pusan-Kyungnam Branch, The Korean Fiber Society (1990-1994)
Honors and Awards
The Scholastic Prize, The Korean Fiber Society, Korea (1999)
The Excellent Paper Prize of Science Technology, The Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies, Korea (1993)
International Joint Research & Activities