Multivariable Robust Control Theory
Applications of Control Theory to Mechanical Systems
Applications of Intelligence Control Techniques
Ph.D., Control and Dynamical Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1987
1. Choi, C., Hong, K. S. Kim, J., and Kim, J. S., "Control of Linear Motor Machine Tool Feed Drives for End Milling: Robust MIMO Approach," KSME International Journal, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 727-737, 1999.
2. Choi, C., and Kim, J. S., "Attenuation of Previewable/Unmeasurable Disturbances Acting on the Dynamic Plants," IMechE Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, Vol. 213, pp. 135-144, 1999.
3. Choi, C., and Kim, J. S., "Robust Control of Positioning Systems with a Multistep Bang-Bang Actuator," Mechatronics, Vol. 6 No. 8, pp. 867-880, 1996.
4. Kim, J. S., "QLQG/LTR Control for Nonlinear Multi-Variable Systems," IMechE Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, Vol. 208, pp. 177-187, 1994.
5. Nam, S. K., Kim, J. S., and Yoo, W. S., "Fuzzy Sliding-Mode Control of Gasoline Fuel-Injection System with Oxygen Sensor," JSME International Journal, Series C, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 100-106, 1994.
Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (2000-Present)
Chairman, Department of Mechanical and Intelligent Systems Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1998-2000)
Chairman, Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1995-1997)
Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1980-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, KSME, KSPE, ICASE
Member, Steering Committee for Dynamics and Control Division of the KSME (1998-1999, 2001-Present)
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities