Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering
Flood / Drought Control and Management
Statistical and Stochastic Hydrology
Water Resources System Analysis
Urban and Environmental Hydrology
Neural Networks and Hydroinformatics
Ph.D., Colorado State University, U.S.A., 1997
1. Shin, H.-S., and Salas, J. D., "Regional Drought Analysis Based on Neural Networks," ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 34-42, 2000.
2. Shin, H.-S., and Salas, J. D., "Spatial Analysis Based on Neural Networks and Uncertainty," ASCE Task Connittee on Applicaions of Artificial Nerual Networks in Hydrology, pp.116-152, 1999.
3. Shin, H.-S., and Salas, J. D., "Uncertainty Analysis of Reservoir Sedimentation," ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 125, No. 4, pp. 339-350, 1999.
4. Shin, H.-S., and Park, M.-J., "Spatial Analysis for Mean Annual Precipitation Based on Neural Networks," Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 3-13, 1999.
5. Shin, H.-S., and Park, M.-J., "Spatial-Temporal Drought Analysis of South Korea Based on Neural Networks," Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 15-29, 1999.
Assistant Professor, Pusan National University (1998-Present) (1997-1998)
Post-Doctral Fellow, Colorado State University (1997-1997)
RA/TA, Colorado State University, U.S.A. (1993-1997)
Assistant Researcher, Korea Institute of Construction Experiment, Korea (1991-1992)
Researcher, Korea Disaster Prevention and Technology Center, Korea
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, AGU, AWRA, IWRA, KWRA, IEHA, KSCE, ASCE
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities